Rogue Legacy v.1.2.0bEdit
Made dragon a better class to be
- Fixed bug where player would be invisible when entering certain challenge rooms with stereo-blindness.
Rogue Legacy v1.2.0aEdit
- Fixed longstanding bug where, in rare occasions, the data for treasure chest placements would desync, resulting in regular chests looking like fairy chests, and some chests randomly closing and opening. This fix will only work with new castles. Players with already corrupted maps will need to generate a new one.
- Disabled map in challenge rooms.
- Fixed bug where you could get dementia in challenge rooms.
- Fixed bug where compass room entrances could appear in challenge rooms.
- Fixed bug where pausing/resuming the game with Time Stop active would reactivate projectile logic.
- Fixed bug where the first phase of the last boss could get stuck on platforms.
- Fixed bug where entering the Alexander challenge room while a dwarf or giant would result in keeping those sizes after trans-locating.
- Fixed bug where Herodotus battle would sometimes fail to end after defeating him.
- Fixed bug where challenge rooms would appear on the game map.
- Fixed graphic bug in one of the new rooms.
- Fixed bug where you could get coins in spikes
Rogue Legacy v1.2.0Edit
- Added 5 boss remixes to the game.
- Added 1 new class.
- Added 4 new traits.
- Added 28 new rooms.
- Added ability to reduce shader effect quality for people playing on slower machines.
- Added 6 new Steam achievements.
- Added a small winter effect.
- Fixed a few spelling mistakes.
- Fixed bug where you could cast spells in carnival rooms and destroy targets before the game starts.
- Fixed bug where talking to Pooyan with a spell/ability that drains mana active would result in constant mana loss.
- Fixed bug where completed chests would sometimes show incorrect objectives.
- Enemy names in the enemy HUD now have a character cap.
- Fixed bug where open chests would not be properly reflected on the minimap.
- Fixed bug where diary rooms would show an exclamation mark even if no diary entry was available.
- Fixed longstanding bug where some enemies would spawn well above or inside terrain.
- Fixed bug where the introduction cutscene would crash in very rare cases.
- Fixed bug where casting certain abilities (translocation, assassin ability, etc.) right before entering the castle would result in undesired effects.
- Fixed bug where version 1 of the last boss could not be hit when casting a certain spell.
- Mana cost for spells with no mana cost is no longer displayed.
- Fixed bug where the lineage screen was giving the wrong helmet to ancestors.
- Fixed bug where different sized characters (gigantism, dwarfism, etc.) were not being displayed properly in the credits or profile card.
- Fixed bug where player could move while the last boss door was opening.
- Fixed bug where you could crash the game if you pressed two directions at the same time in the diary entry room (only possible with keyboard).
- Diary entry rooms are now removed from the castle’s generation if you have obtained all possible diary entries.
Balance Changes :
- Vampire and siphon runes now scale with NG+ level.
- Chance of gold chests to drop random stats instead of gold has been significantly increased.
- Increased visibility in dungeons to make navigation a little easier.
- Ponce De Leon logic tweaked.
- Expert Eyeball fire spread reduced from 6 to 4.
- Adv.Eyeballs fire spread reduced from 5 to 4.
- Haggle buffed. Costs less, scales slower, and max price reduction increased from 30% to 50%
- Map tweak to Barrel platform room.
- Typo fixes.
- Fixed plant miniboss sometimes spawning on ground.
- Odds of farting when having IBS lowered.
- Herodotus HP reduced slightly.
- Spelunkers Light no longer costs mana.
- Bouncy Spike auto kill logic bug fix to reduce false positives.
- Following enemies have had their HP decreased slightly to make later zones slightly easier:
- Skel Exp.
- Knight Exp.
- Blob Exp.
- B&C Exp.
- Wizards Exp (all 3)
- Fairy Basic, Adv. and Exp.
- Shield Knight Exp.
- Sword Knight Exp.
- Wolf Exp.
- Zombie Exp.
- Energon Exp.
- Plant Adv. and Exp.
- Fireball Adv. and Exp.
- Skel ARcher Exp.
- Portrait Adv and Exp.
- Starburst Exp.
- Turret Exp.
- Horses Adv. and Exp.
- Mimic Exp.
Rogue Legacy v1.1.0Edit
- Mac and Linux versions have been added to this release!
- Added profile select functionality. You can now choose between three save game profiles.
- Added Mac/Linux team to credits.
- Jukebox is now persistent until you switch areas (or enter a boss room).
- Fixed bug where disabling fire shield displayed a mana cost.
- Game now properly handles special character crashes in the hero/heroine name lists.
- Fixed room that had empty block where a chest should be.
- Alexander no longer moves in places where if you kill him, the money is lost.
- Casting Mega Damage Shield now drains your mana faster than when casting the regular spell.
- Fixed bug where player would no longer catch his own chakram or conflux projectiles.
- Fixed bug where you could get the dragon fire spell for a class other than the dragon by locking the castle.
- Fixed a few spelling mistakes in the game.
- Fixed bug where game would function oddly when the system broke standard vsync and ran faster than 60.
- Fixed bug where dungeon shader was being applied to all areas, affecting performance.
- Tweaked the glowing fairies in the Garden to reduce confusion that players could interact with them.
- Fixed bug where the backup save system wasn’t kicking in properly if the map or map data got corrupted.
- Fixed bug where one of the last boss’s attacks had an incorrect hitbox.
- Fixed bug where you could take damage immediately after exiting a compass room.
- Removed the delete button from the options menu and put it into the profile selector.
- Fixed bug where the Randomize Children skill in the manor had incorrect text.
- Changed E.D.S to Flexible.
- Added a more comprehensive fix for player/boss dying at the same time.
- Player now makes a sound when landing after getting hit.
- Fixed bug where you could see a bit of background during a death defy.
- Fixed bug where quitting from heir selection with a character that has vertigo would result in him/her not having it on second load.
- Fixed bug where credits were running extremely slow.
- Fixed bug where lineage screen was running extremely slow.
Rogue Legacy v1.0.13Edit
- Implemented some non-trivial optimizations to increase game performance.
(Smarter sprite batching)
(Merged several spritesheets to reduce texture swapping)
(Additional minor tweaks to reduce GPU load).
- Fixed bug where corrupt backup saves would get players into endless save corruption loops.
- Forced flushing to OS stream for backup files to (hopefully) reduce the chances of a backup save corrupting.
- Fixed bug where gold would very rarely go into the negatives, resulting in a crash.
- Removed normal mapping effects from the content pipeline.
- Fixed bug where you could exit the axe carnival room, resulting in odd game behaviour.
- Fixed bug where you could talk to shop keeps and architect while in mid-dash, resulting in a crash.
- Fixed bug where beating the last boss would zero out your traits.
- Fixed bug where money bags were not animating properly upon landing.
- Fixed bug where beating the game with the compass item would result in a crash when starting a new game.
Rogue Legacy v1.0.12cEdit
- Forgot to actually disable DInput controls when turning it off in the options menu.
Rogue Legacy v1.0.12bEdit
- Fixed bug where game would crash if the DirectInput device was removed mid-game.
- Fixed bug where running the game with a DirectInput device was causing slowdown.
- Fixed bug in a 1x3 room where you could not fall through a specific platform.
- Fixed bug where game would sometimes crash when dying (again).
Rogue Legacy v1.0.12aEdit
- Added error trapping to handle crashes when the DirectInput device was not being initialized properly.
- Fixed bug where deadzones were accidentally disabled from the last patch.
- Game no longer goes into screensaver mode while active.
- Lowered the cost of upgrading Haggle by a small amount.
- A few spelling fixes to make the Lich's abilities more clear.
Rogue Legacy v1.0.12Edit
- Added support for DirectInput controllers (toggle-able from options screen).
- Alexander will now spawn higher level mobs on NG+ and above.
- All bosses now break Paladin secret move, not just the final boss.
- Fixed bug where controller hardware was being polled too often, resulting in significant lag for some systems.
- Optimization tweaks to rendering. People should find a small improvement to framerate.
- Typo fixes to profile card crit chance.
- Fix to game sometimes crashing during Alexander fight.
- Fixed bug where beating the game with Calypso's compass would crash the game.
- Fixed bug where architect fee could carry over to NG+
- Fixed bug with architect fee text overlap on NG+ bonus.
- Typo fixes in Journal, and Paladin, and Translocator spell description.
- Alexander boss floor and roof lowered to prevent him from going too low.
- Enemies that are split during timestop are now immune to timestop until it's reactivated (Feature).
- Enlarged projectile pool.
- Architect fee raised from 30% to 40%.
Rogue Legacy v1.0.11Edit
- Fixed bug where the player could kill a boss and die at the same time.
- Fixed bug where game would crash when entering the lineage screen if the audio engine failed to initialize.
- Implemented another check for skill tree corruption.
- Fixed bug with back up save system if player data was corrupt from the very start.
- Fixed bug where back up save system didn't work properly on corrupted maps and map data.
- Message box will now appear if the game crashes.
- Fixed bug where crash logs were not being generated if the game crashed inside its constructor.
- Fixed bug where Paladins could block their own spells.
- Fixed exploit where player could drop through platforms while controls were locked.
- Fixed bug where impact effect resource pool ran out of resources.
- Fixed bug where Item drop Manager resource pool ran out of resources.
- Typo fixed for Death Defy.
- Shinobi can no longer get the timestop spell.
- Dragon fireball spam re-enabled.
- Knight Special drain rate tic raised from 3 to 6.
- Assassin Class spell initialization cost lowered from 10 to 5.
- Assassin Class spell tic rate raised from 5 to 7.
- Asassin mana pool lowered from 0.75 to 0.65.
- Barbarian Special raised from 15 to 20.
- Mage Int bonus lowered from 1.3 to 1.25
Rogue Legacy v1.0.10aEdit
- Fixed bug where game would occasionally crash when entering the castle.
- Fixed bug where people were getting the Rhabdophilia achievement at the start of the game (STEAM ONLY)
Rogue Legacy v1.0.10Edit
- Back up saving Re-enabled. If the game fails to load properly, it will automatically attempt to load a back up save file.
- Game will announce an error if it fails to save your game 3 times in a row.
- Fixed bug where the game would crash on people who had set their OS language settings to Turkish.
- Numpad now configurable in key bindings list.
- Trait Tourettes changed to Coprolalia
- Typo fix for Alektorophobia.
- Fixed exploit with invulnerable assassin.
- Fixed bug where saves no longer worked if you ran game with an argument passed in the command line.
- Fixed bug where Special class could lose their special spell when getting a new spell.
- Fixed Boss sfx not being adjusted by SFX volume settings.
- Fixed carnival exploit with special class.
- Fixed Final boss fight making player clip through wall during cutscene in special places.
- Fixed special class having no spell delay.
- Fixed exploit with Barbarian special destroying all targets in carnival room.
- Fixed bug where game would sometimes crash when exiting outside entrance.
- Dragon armor bug fix. Armor raised from 68 to 78.
- NG+ Difficulty raised slightly.
- NG++ Difficulty raised significantly.
- Down Strike Up text updated.
- Mage INT bonus reduced from 1.35x to 1.3x
- Fix 1x2 map with barrels letting player jump out of the world.
- Fix 2x3 map block spawn bug.
- Typo fixes in skill tree (assassin, miner, etc)
- Time stop mana drain tic rate raised from 7 to 8.
- Red teleporter random crash bug fixed.
- Fixed bug where Ice and Fire wizarsd projectiles would die in their hands if you ran into them.
- Dying death crash bug fixed.
- Fixed bug where game wouldn't load properly if Game Config was empty.
- Security check to make sure game doesn't crash on RunGameOver
- Fixed bug where potion up and downstrike up descriptions were not updating properly.
- Min mana and health capped at 1. You can no longer go into the negatives.
- Fixed bug where hazards could deal 0 in special circumstances.
- Fixed bug with projectiles sometimes being fired backwards.
- Fixed bug where equipping blood equipment would screw up HUD in blacksmoith screen.
- Fixed bug with last boss where you could take damage if you were in a bad position when you beat him.
- Fixed bug with last boss and time stop.
- Disabled all Class Skills in carnival room.
- Fixed bug with mana loss appearing if crowstorm was cast in an empty room.
- Dwarf holes removed in 2x2 room.
- Last boss now drops less mana potions.
Rogue Legacy v1.0.9Edit
- Game should no longer require administrator access to run.
- Fixed bug to total time counter, if starting second playthrough immediately.
- 3+ playthroughs difficulty increased.
- Assassin buffed. Starting crit chance raised from 10% to 15%
- Fixed bug where chest room would sometimes cause game to crash.
- Removed accidental debug keys.
- Fire Shield mana cost raised from 5 to 6 per tick.
- Dementia earth wizards removed.
- Chest Elf reworked. Will only take a maximum of 25% gold now, and payout raised from 200% to 300%
- Factual error fixes for portrait rooms.
Rogue Legacy v1.0.8Edit
- Audio mastered.
- New CDGSplash sfx.
- Fixed Compass bug exit room.
- Fixed bug where if Graphic Virtualization failed multiple times in a row, your BG and FG disappeared.
- Volume leveled.
- Added walk audo to remaning Knights and attenuation.
- Fixed special helm not being displayed on lineage or profile card.
- Fixed chests playing sfx twice.
- Fix to internal game timer. It now tracks your time correctly. This will only apply to files created in patch 1.08 or later.
- Chickens that exit roof of map now die instantly.
- Fixed bug where spell sword could spam empowered spell.
- Fixed bug where spellsword carried real sword in end.
- Disabled exiting end game credits until the very end.
- Fixed sky reveal at ending to fix black clouds and gray sky.
- Fixed las boss end frame not fading properly.
- Fixed Siphon on equipment not giving you siphon.
- Final boss has slightly more health, and deals SLIGHTLY more damage.
Rogue Legacy v1.0.7Edit
- Fixed bug where alt-tabbing while text typing occrured would crash the game (graphics virtualization).
- Fixed Compass bug exit room.
- Fixed bug where if Graphic Virtualization failed multiple times in a row, your BG and FG disappeared.
- Fixed bug where last boss wasn't being tracked as killed.
- Fixed timer total display bug.
- Fixed Final boss HP not being at max at fight start.
- Final boss HP reduced slightly.
- Fixed bug with hiding/displaying manor closed manor on 360 controller.
- Fixed bug where hitting Skeleton archers removed their colouring.
- Fixed visual bug with randomize trait if you pressed it really quick.
- Last boss drops proper money now.
- Miniboss name fixes.
- Total playtime and deaths added to credit end.
- Fixed grammar for when you're killed by bosses with proper names.
- Typo fix for architect and siphon equipment.
Rogue Legacy v1.0.6Edit
- fixed bug where player would sometimes hook to 1 ways. This bug cropped up during our last emergency fix.
- Final boss orb attack removed.
- Blob boss spike removed inbetween flooring gaps.
- Revamped ending screen. Fixed all bugs, rearranged enemies, and gave each enemy a plaque.
- Fairy Chest objective plate now fades if enemy or player touches it.
- helios blessing now drops 2 gold per kill.
- Tower Boss room has 2 less spikers in room.
- Boss rooms now drop 1 health and 1 mana.
- Maxxing MP on lich now displays a message.
- Final boss Sword spell increased from 7 to 8.
- Lich max hp reduced from 1.25 to 1.0.
- Lich max map raised from 1.25 to 2.0.
- Lich starting MP reduced from 0.65 to 0.5.
- Lich Mana start is now 0.5
- Console writelines removed.
- There are now 2 less spikers in the fireball room
- Spikers HP reduced to 5 across all forms.
- Damage shield mana drain reduced from 7 per tick to 5.
- Fireballs deal SLIGHTLY less damage.
- Tower boss deals slightly less damage and has slightly less health.
- Additional help hints added to death screen.
- Layer fix in a 1x3
- Earth wizards Blob boss level reduction increased from 11 to 12.
- fixed wolves hitting bookcases.
- fixed gigantism covering flight text.
- fixed paladins getting auto hit after blocking if mana gets drained to 0.
- fixed 1 pixel too short in credits bug.
- fixed no look fairy chest distance being too far.
- re-added fan of man text to lineage screen.
- fixed bug where rerolling children was not updating the description plate.
- fixed ending screen weird sfx playing.
- fixed bug where visual effects were being applied to ending screen.
- Fixed movement display and speed bug.
- Fixed random teleporters putting you in weird places.
- Fixed colour on some enemies not correct.
- Fixed killed by text to properly set minibosses to singular.
- Fixed numerous bugs with savant where you could get spells like damage shield
- and never being able to turn them off.
- Fixed bug where quitting the game in the carnival room made the carnival room
- spell your spell.
- Fixed bug where you could swap spells as the archmage in carnival rooms.
- fixed bug where last boss was still being ******* at the end.
- fixed bug where alttabbing the ending screen removed the wallpaper.
- Added quick drop help text to options menu.
Rogue Legacy v1.0.5aEdit
- Fixed bug where, if your game was running at a certain frame rate, you had a % chance of falling through 1-ways.
Rogue Legacy v1.0.5Edit
- Steam achievements now display a notification in the Steam overlay.
- New Collision logic fixes. Enemies and players should react to diagonals better.
- Fixed ending sequence.
- Fixed bug with mage miniboss spells not following hands.
- Added missing sfx to mage miniboss
- Architect bug fix. Rounding error.
- Exiting room of chest dude bug fix.
- Ending sequence camera start position bug fix
- Weight In smithy text realignment to fix overlap.
- Logic fix to player card.
- NG+ Text fix
- NG+ title fix.
- Typo fix for gay trait. A rogue "a" was implying things we didn't mean.
- Enchantress missing sfx fix.
- Smoke re-added to tower.
- Credits update.
- Audio attenuation fix.
- Fix to rot angles.
- Ending sequence changed.
- Special class end fix.
- MB portrait tell removed.
- Miner lamp bug fix.
- Cleaning of death screen.
- Additional sfx added.
- fixed achievements not popping up.
- fixed horse run into dwarf holes bug.
- added sfx to health fountain.
- Fixed boss smoke at the ending screen.
- Gold saved for NG+ at start bug fix.
- Fixed projectile dissapearance bug fix.
- Fix tiomestopCB bug.
- Fixed audio eyeball and skeleton bug.
- Text update to Poition_Up to better showcase it works for mana and health.
- Mage magic damage reduced from 1.5 to 1.35
- Lich atk damage mod raised from 0.6 to 0.75
- Lich max hp and mp conversion reduced from 2.0 to 1.25
- Lich now gains a flat 4 hp per kill as opposed to 3/6 based off enemy level.
- Lich starting mp raised from 0.7 to 0.75
- The changes to lich are to see if the remake is not necessary.