NPC ‣ The Architect
The Architect will lock down a Castle layout for you so you can redo it and look for what you previously missed.
- Gold pickups are worth 60% of their normal value (after bonuses).
- All normal monsters and breakable objects respawn.
- Opened chests stay opened.
- All bonus rooms which have been used stay used. This includes Mini-bosses which have been killed.
- Failed Fairy chest challenges reset.
- Keep previous map. This means that all visited teleport rooms stay mapped, and can be teleported to right away.
- When you beat the game, you can't lock down the castle when you start a New Game+, meaning the castle WILL have a new layout each time you beat it.
- Teleport straight to boss rooms (allows for practice and constant fighting)
- Attempt mini-bosses you passed or died to
- Retake Fairy chest challenges
- Get previously impossible chests/areas with a new character that has Dwarfism/Flying
- In the demo, you only get to keep 50% of the gold you find, as opposed to 60%.
- In the full game the Architect originally only took 30% of gold dropped.
- If you try to use the Architect before entering any castle (for example, by visiting him right after starting a New Game+), he will refuse you and say: "Sorry boy, there's no castle to build right now. This screw is just for show."
| The Blacksmith • The Enchantress • The Architect|
Booyan • Charon • Miserly Elf